- RSS Channel Showcase 5857393
- RSS Channel Showcase 4974415
- RSS Channel Showcase 5905930
- RSS Channel Showcase 1810312
Articles on this Page
- 11/28/12--18:43: _Jasper school expan...
- 12/13/12--11:00: _Hundreds celebrate ...
- 12/18/12--10:39: _Only in Print
- 01/12/13--18:40: _Two killed in wrong...
- 01/25/13--09:09: _Outage affects AT&T...
- 02/02/13--14:43: _Carthage man, wante...
- 02/26/13--09:14: _Sarcoxie school boa...
- 11/28/12--18:43: Jasper school expansion, community safe room nears completion
- 12/13/12--11:00: Hundreds celebrate I-49 re-designation
- 12/18/12--10:39: Only in Print
- 01/12/13--18:40: Two killed in wrong-way crash
- 01/25/13--09:09: Outage affects AT&T cellular customers
- 02/02/13--14:43: Carthage man, wanted in Tulsa, caught in Carl Junction
On May 22, 2011, two hours before the massive tornado ripped through Joplin, hundreds of Jasper residents were gathered in one room for the Jasper High School graduation.
If that storm had veered north instead of south, finding shelter for all those people would have been almost impossible.
As a kid, Mickey Bulger, Carterville, remembers watching as builders expanded the then-two-lane U.S. Highway 71, now Missouri 171, from Carthage to Webb City to a four-lane highway.
The following stories can be found in our print edition. Call 417-358-2191 to subscribe.
Dear Santa Letters - in Sunday, Dec. 16
Carthage Salvation Army bell ringers
Eagles at Kellogg Lake
Two people were killed and four were injured in a crash on Interstate 44 involving a vehicle traveling west in the eastbound lanes, hitting another vehicle.
Cellular phone service was out the Carthage, Joplin and Springfield areas, western Missouri and most of Kansas for about two hours Thursday morning, forcing people to scramble for ways to communicate.
The registered sex offender from Carthage who was wanted for allegedly groping and attacking women in the Tulsa, Okla., area last week, was caught Friday evening in the Carl Junction area.
A Sarcoxie school board member was charged on Friday with possession of child pornography in the federal district court in Springfield. John Lewis, 67, Sarcoxie, was charged in a criminal complaint filed in the U.S. District Court in Springfield with possessing child pornography and accused in an affidavit with the charge of exposing himself.